Avoiding Injuries When Exercising
How do you prevent injuries from happening?
There are a few things that can help with avoiding injuries when exercising, these being:
- Footwear – As we all have different foot structures it is important to have the correct amount of support in a shoe. Varying the shoe type is also a good way of making sure the foot doesn’t get into repetitive patterning
- Strength and Stretching – Tight and weak muscles can cause imbalances. Therefore it is really important to do forms of exercise that promote stretching and strengthening of the body
- Training – Doing too much too soon is one of the biggest causes of injuries when exercising. The body takes time to adapt to new forms of exercise. so keeping to the level you are at can prevent injuries
- Quality of Sleep – Sleep is very important for recovery, growth and repair. Without the correct amount of sleep, the bodies recovery processes are slowed greatly which causes a significant reduction to the increasing and restoration activity within the body.
- Quality of Nutrition – Nutrition means fuelling the body with the right types of foods. The old saying “you are what you eat” rings true as it truly does reflect the functioning of your body