Did you know?
- Its normal to empty your bowels 1-3x per day or once every 3 days!
- When you empty your bowels it should be soft and easy to pass – that is, a type 4 on the Bristol Stool Chart – in other words it should take less than 5 minutes to empty your bowel and your poo should look like a sausage or fat snake – that is….smooth and soft!
Whats the best way to empty the bowel?
- WHEN you feel the urge – don’t put this off. If you put it off it can be harder to empty your bowel when you get the next urge….
- SIT on the toilet (don’t hover)
- PUT your feet on a stool so your knees are just above your hips
- LEAN forward and bulge your belly out to generate some gentle pressure to start the bowel movement.
Whats good for the bowel?
- 2 Kiwi fruit per day
- Teaspoon of psyllium husk per day
- Pear juice
Happy Bowel Movement!! Bowel Health!
– Zoe Mills (Physiotherapist)