Special interest in:
- Lymphoedema Management
- – Early Detection and Management of Breast Cancer Related Lymphoedema
P: (07) 5474 9093
E: [email protected]
Laura Manning has a strong passion and interest in Oedema Management and began her speciality, as a Lymphoedema Practitioner, over 13 years ago at St Vincent’s Clinic, Sydney. After graduating from the University of Sydney with a Masters of Occupational Therapy, Laura has worked in London (St Mary’s Hospital), Sydney (Prince of Wales Hospital and St Vincent’s Private Hospital) and has now settled on the Sunshine Coast permanently where she established her private practice, Sunshine Coast Lymphoedema Therapy.
Since moving to QLD in 2017, Laura has also enjoyed her other role at The Sunshine Coast University Hospital, where she currently works in both Acute Care and Outpatients Departments, in her speciality areas as a senior Lymphoedema and Vascular Occupational Therapist. She has been involved in establishing the a new critical ‘Early Intervention Screening Service’ for the patients at the hospital who have undergone axillary or inguinal lymph node dissection, using L-DEX (Bio-Impedance technology) and evidence based, best practice guidelines.
Passionate about offering this Early Detection Service to patients at Alchemy In Motion Laura liaises closely with Oncologists, Surgeons, Radiation Oncologist’s, GP’s, Breast Care Nurses and Allied Health Professionals to ensure continuity of care. She encourages Men and Women with Primary and Secondary Lymphoedema, Venous Disorders and Lipoedema to better manage their condition though education and treatment that is realistic and cost effective for the longer term outcome of the condition.
In her spare time, Laura can be found racing her mountain bike around the beautiful Woori trails with her three daughters, surfing her long board along the points or challenging herself in Yoga.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise Physiology) – QUT, 1999
- Masters of Occupational Therapy – University of Sydney (2001)
- Lymphoedema Accreditation (ALA endorsed Courses, with LTE, 2006, Mt Wilga, Sydney and with LCTS, 2013, Sydney).
- Lymphatic Anatomy, ALERT (Macquarie University, Sydney) – ICG/Lymphosomes for Lymphatic Drainage, 2017.
- Australian Lymphology Association (ALA)
- National Lymphoedema Practitioners Register (NLPR)
- Occupational Therapy Australia (OTA)
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
To view Laura’s website see www.sunshinecoastlymphoedematherapy.com.au